This is a simple tutorial for those of you are without Credit Card but wish to buy book(s) online from Kinokuniya Bookstores Malaysia.
You can pay through CIMBClicks. I’ve asked the customer support center at Kinokuniya and this is what they told me to do:
(disclaimer: You can call customer service center at 03-21648133 (ext 160) in case I got this wrong)
1. Write an e-mail to cs_kbm ‘at’ kinokuniya.co.jp (don’t forget to replace the ‘at’) telling them what book(s) you wish to purchase from them.
2. Kinokuniya will then check the availability of said book(s) and will reply back to you.
3. Once they have send the e-mail confirming the availability of the book(s), you can transfer the money to them using the account number they gave you.
4. Once you have made the payment, print screen (it’s the button above or next to the Insert button on your keyboard or next to your F12 key depending on the layout) the confirmation page or print it if you prefer.
5. Write another e-mail with the proof of payment attached to cs_kbm ‘at’ kinokuniya.co.jp or you can fax the printed page to 03-21664902
6. You will then receive an e-mail confirming your payment and voila, you have just bought your book from Kinokuniya without having to go there or by using Credit Cards.
I hope that helps book lovers around Malaysia. Yes, I know it’s a bit annoying, but until they do something about it, this is pretty much how you can buy book(s) from Kinokuniya without Credit Cards.